Love Outdoors? Love Utah! When visiting Utah, there are no dull moments, as the State offers a variety of activities that will surely keep you busy and active. The following are the top 10 outdoor adventure that Utah has to offer, may it be in Salt Lake City, or areas through Saint George. 1. Skiing […]
When visiting Utah, there are no dull moments, as the State offers a variety of activities that will surely keep you busy and active. The following are the top 10 outdoor adventure that Utah has to offer, may it be in Salt Lake City, or areas through Saint George.
1. Skiing and Snowboarding – Utah was bestowed as having the best snow on earth when it hosted the 2002 Winter Olympic Games. Snow this good as it got famous worldwide should pique your interest! Choose from the various resorts found in Park City or in the northern parts of Utah.
2. Mountain Biking – The off-raid trails in the wilderness and national parks in Utah, is very suitable for beginning and advanced bikers. There are various terrains, such as snowy or rocky places, that will satisfy your biking needs. Utah offers numbers of races and festivals for variety of bikers.
Lessons Learned from Years with Vacations
3. Outdoor Hiking – The large numbers of mountains in Utah is the ideal locations for hikers. Be awed by the sunrise view at Timpanogos Canyon. Hiking trails are everywhere in every location in Utah.
The Beginner’s Guide to Resources
4. Rock Climbing – Utah is the home of amazing rock climbing locations, and even got featured in numerous Hollywood movies for its location and beauty. Though the southern areas of Utah is a more popular place for many climbers, there are also other canyons that have spots that are 5.6 or higher.
5. Sports Fishing – With the huge number of lakes in Utah, besides Great Salt Lake, these are spots that are perfect for fishing. The numerous lakes in the southern region of Utah is an ideal spot for trout fishing, however, Provo provides the best fly-fishing spots.
6. Camping – Utah’s Big Cottonwood Canyon and Zion’s National Park, are ideal spots for the campers, may it be with your RV or with your tents. With the many varieties of camping areas Utah has to offer, one of the best might be on the shores of Lake Powell.
7. Golfing – Utah has a variety of golf courses, but maybe one of the most beautiful is found at Utah’s Thanksgiving Point Golf.
8. Horseback Riding – You can find various trails best for horseback, one of the beautiful trails can be found in the Alpine Canyon. Homestead Resort offers rides for families who are still beginners at horseback which is still fun for an adventure.
9. Boating – To those who want to chill in the lake and go for boating, Bear Lake is best during summer season. You can also opt to go boating in the Utah lake, or further south at Lake Powell.
10. Caving – Check out the beautiful caves in Timpanogos, or if you want to simply explore, Utah valley offers plenty of caves that is safe for exploring.Though Nutty Putty Caves is very popular, there are still many caves left unexplored.